The Sports Law Bar Association will hold their 2022 Winter Conference on Friday 2nd December in the Distillery Building, Dublin 7, and it will be streamed online.
This conference of the Sports Law Bar Association will host three panels of leading industry professionals, who will lead lively and practical discussions focusing on: Integrity & Integrity Units, Regulating Sport in Modern Times and Safe Sport- Putting the Athlete First.
- His Honour Judge Graeme Mew, Superior Court of Ontario, former CAS Arbitrator
- Ben Rutherford, Senior Director, Legal, International Tennis Integrity Agency
- Louise Reilly BL, Chair of the Board, IBU Biathlon Integrity Unit
- Neill Hallett, Independent Ethics Officer, World Rugby
- Jan Kleiner, Director of Football Regulation FIFA
- Liam Keane, Chair of the GAA Rules Committee
- Catherine Pitre, Head of Case Management at Sports Resolutions UK
- Kate Hills, Head of Safeguarding, Ethics & Youth Development, Swim Ireland
- Chris Butler, Director, Anti-Doping Policy, Sport Integrity Australia
This conference is open to legal practitioners, sporting professionals, and those working in related policy fields. To attend this conference, please register below.
Session 1 – will address Integrity & Integrity Units, and this panel will talk about the origins, structure and work of their respective Integrity Unit.
Session 2 – will look into Regulating Sport in Modern Times
Session 3 – will delve into Safe Sport- Putting the Athlete First. Drawing on connections between athlete advocacy and changes in sport.
About the SLBA
The Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland is an all-Ireland association of barristers with specialist sports law knowledge and practices. It aims to increase awareness of sports law and support barristers in providing the most up-to-date advice to sports law clients.