- Other Languages:
- German (Working)
- Direct Professional Access:
Stephen is based in Dublin and has a general civil practice with a particular specialisation in the areas of succession, probate, and trust law.
Stephen is a graduate of Dublin City University having studied a BA (Hons) in International Marketing and Languages. Stephen subsequently went on to attend the Honorable Society of the King’s Inns (Diploma in Legal Studies, 2010, and Barrister-at-Law Degree, 2011). He was called to the Bar in 2011.
Since commencing practice, Stephen has appeared before all levels of the Irish Courts in a diverse range of matters ranging from commercial and chancery matters to succession, probate, trusts and family law.
Stephen is a member of the Probate Bar Association of Ireland.
Prior to commencing practice as a Barrister, Stephen worked in Marketing and Communications.
Stephen accepts instructions from solicitors in relation to a number of court and non-court matters.
Recent cases and legal work include:
- Crowley v Murphy  IEHC 645
- In re Horan Deceased  IEHC 21
- Gaggos v Cullen  IEHC 853
Stephen regularly appears in the High Court Probate List and has acted in a number of Section 117 claims and Will challenges.
Stephen regularly provides advice and opinions in relation to the administration of estates and trusts, particularly where complex issues of law or construction arise.
- Stephen is the Co-author of the Irish Wills and Probate Law Update published by Bloomsbury Professional. This update is written by Brian E. Spierin SC and Stephen Spierin BL and publishes every 3-4 months. The publication keeps practitioners up to date with developments in the area of Wills and Probate.
- The Irish Community Development Law Journal – July, 2015
- – Irish Probate Law Journal (2013) 10(1) IPLJ 2 – Nov, 2013