- Bar of the State of New York
- Other Memberships:
- Register of Trade Mark Agents
The Faculty of Notaries Public in Ireland
- Direct Professional Access:
Stephen is instructed by solicitors and in-house counsel on a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters. Some of his recent work includes:
- Fried v. Fried & anor  IEHC 324 – Interlocutory Injunction – Trade Mark Protection. (Counsel for Applicant).
- Fried v. Fried  IEHC 325 – Shareholder Oppression – s.212 CA 2014 – Counterclaim. (Counsel for Respondent).
- Delta Index Ltd v. Ayondo Markets Ltd  IEHC 52 – Security for Costs – s.52 CA 2014 – Special Circumstances. (Counsel for Respondent).
- Advanced Industrial Technology Corporation Ltd v. Casey & ors  IEHC 336 – Professional Negligence – Fraudulent Misrepresentation – Amendment of Pleadings. (Counsel for Plaintiff).
- McAteer & ors v. Fried & ors  IEHC 249 – Summary Application in Plenary Action – Interlocutory Injunction – Delay. (Counsel for First and Third Defendants).
- Promontoria (Aran) Ltd v. Jaszai Ltd  IEHC 250 – Summary Judgment. (Counsel for Defendants).
- O’Beirne v. Lynch  IEHC 337 – Bankruptcy. (Counsel for Petitioning Creditor).
- Estate of Eastwood, Application of Eastwood  IEHC 387. Probate – Lost Will – Presumption of Revocation. (Counsel for Respondents).
- Acted for a plaintiff in a High Court action claiming relief and damages under the Commercial Agents Directive (2011/7/EU as implemented by SI 580/2012) in the international automotive industry.
- Acted in an arbitration for a commercial landlord in respect of a rent review.
- Stephen has also had the privilege of being briefed by the Attorney General and Chief State Solicitor’s Office in relation to matters of European Union Law and WTO Law.