- Other Languages:
- French (Working)
- Direct Professional Access:
- Awan & Ors v. Minister for Justice and Equality  IECA 298 – role of the Court in judicial review proceedings – junior counsel for the Appellants.
- Shishu & Anor v. Minister for Justice and Equality  IECA 1 – test for establishing membership of the household of a Union citizen and dependency for the purposes of Directive 2004/38 and the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015 – junior counsel for the Applicants, who were the Respondents to the appeal.
- Wei and Tang v. Minister for Justice and The Commissioner of An Garda Síochána  IEHC 546 – motion for contempt of court against the Commissioner of An Garda Síochána – junior counsel for the Applicants.
- A.J.K. v. Minister for Defence  2 I.R. 800 – whether a person with subsidiary protection was eligible to enlist in the Defence Forces – junior counsel for the Applicant/Appellant.
- Babatunde v. Minister for Justice and Equality  IEHC 759 – whether the relationship between a person in “loco parentis” and a child was covered by Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights – junior counsel for the Applicant.
- P.F. v. The International Protection Appeals Tribunal  IEHC 624 – meaning of the term “compelling reasons” in refugee law – junior counsel for the Applicant.
- Inquest into the death of M.B. (April 2019) – Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights compliant investigation into the death of a person who had been living in direct provision – junior counsel instructed on behalf of the family of the Deceased.
Marie provides advice to a number of immigration and housing NGOs on a pro-bono basis.
Marie is a Committee Member of the Bar of Ireland’s Human Rights Committee.
She is the Secretary of the Climate Bar Association.
She is also a Year Representative on the Bar of Ireland’s Young Bar Committee.