- Other Languages:
- French (Working)
- Direct Professional Access:
- Rahman v. Healy  IEHC 206 – whether the duration for which a taxi licence issues can be reduced on the basis that the applicant’s permission to remain is temporary in nature – junior counsel for the Applicant.
- B v. Minister for Justice (unreported, High Court) – whether elderly parents enjoyed “more than normal emotional ties” with adult refugee children for the purposes of Article 8 ECHR – junior counsel for the Applicant.
- Awan & Ors v. Minister for Justice and Equality  IECA 298 – role of the Court in judicial review proceedings – junior counsel for the Appellants.
- Shishu & Anor v. Minister for Justice and Equality  IECA 1 – test for establishing membership of the household of a Union citizen and dependency for the purposes of Directive 2004/38 and the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015 – junior counsel for the Applicants, who were the Respondents to the appeal.
- Wei and Tang v. Minister for Justice and The Commissioner of An Garda Síochána  IEHC 546 – motion for contempt of court against the Commissioner of An Garda Síochána – junior counsel for the Applicants.
- A.J.K. v. Minister for Defence  2 I.R. 800 – whether a person with subsidiary protection was eligible to enlist in the Defence Forces – junior counsel for the Applicant/Appellant.
- Babatunde v. Minister for Justice and Equality  IEHC 759 – whether the relationship between a person in “loco parentis” and a child was covered by Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights – junior counsel for the Applicant.
- A Consultant v. The Health Service Executive  – operation of the Disciplinary Procedure under the Common Consultants’ Contract 1997 – junior counsel for the Plaintiff.
- P.F. v. The International Protection Appeals Tribunal  IEHC 624 – meaning of the term “compelling reasons” in refugee law – junior counsel for the Applicant.
- Inquest into the death of M.B. [April 2019] – Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights compliant investigation into the death of a person who had been living in direct provision – junior counsel instructed on behalf of the family of the Deceased.
Overview of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union (June 2022) – Bar of Ireland’s Human Rights Committee CPD
Leave to Land and Detention (November 2021) – Irish Immigration Lawyers Association CPD
Recent Case Law in the Area of Immigration Law (April 2021) – CPD for Immigration Solicitors
Recent Developments in Immigration Law (September 2019) – CPD for Immigration Solicitors
Overview of Torture and Inhuman and Degrading Treatment (September 2018) – Griffith College Dublin
Marie provides advice to a number of immigration and housing NGOs on a pro-bono basis.
Marie is a Committee Member of the Bar of Ireland’s Human Rights Committee and Climate Bar Association.
She is also a Year Representative on the Bar of Ireland’s Young Bar Committee.