- Other Memberships:
- Corporate & Insolvency Bar Association (CIBA)
- Direct Professional Access:
Keith’s practice focuses on commercial, banking and chancery law, insolvency, land/conveyancing law, the law of companies and general common law. Keith is one of the growing number of barristers specialising in the new field of Personal Insolvency Law.
Keith was called to the Bar in 2010 having studied in University College Cork and Dublin Business School. Keith is an advocate for alternative dispute resolution and is a qualified mediator. Keith regularly represents large financial institutions and private companies, as well as working with the Credit Union sector in their growing litigation needs.
Keith has designed and delivered a certificate level course in Company Law in conjunction with the Certified Public Accountants of Ireland and is a regular speaker at their Continual Professional Education courses.
- KBC Bank Ireland plc v Michael McGann & others  IEHC 667 – Trespass injunction following orders for possession
- Havbell DAC v Hilliard (Unreported, Court of Appeal, 18 December 2020) – Successfully defeated a defence in a summary judgment claim where Bank of Ireland v O’Malley was raised as a defence for the first time on appeal
- AIB Mortgage Bank v Gerard Cosgrove  IEHC 803 First reserved decision to consider the application of Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Directive and the inability for a court to consider “Main Subject Terms”
- Fay (A Debtor)  IEHC 163 – Personal Insolvency – Section 104 – Use of Affidavit evidence
- In the matter of Super Miss Sue Limited (In Liquidation) – Successfully represented a number of creditors in removing and replacing a liquidator appointed by the company
- Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. v Greene  IEHC 626 – Successfully obtained a well charging order and order for sale over a shared property where the co-owner had not been a party to the equitable mortgage.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Keith represented an Irish stakeholder in an international mediation regarding the ownership, relative stakeholdings and future distribution of funds from the sale of a landmark commercial building in Germany
- “Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2020”, in “Accountancy Plus (industry magazine published by the Certified Public Accountants of Ireland), (November 2020)
- “Say Hello and Wave Goodbye – The law relating to assignments of loans” Bar Review, Volume 24, Number 3, Page 75 (June 2019)
“Are Private Settlements Permissible within Examinership or a Personal Insolvency Process?” Commercial Law Practitioner 2021, 28(6), 111-115
- “Land of the Free, Home of the Deluded” – Law Society Gazette, April 2012, page 12
- “Developments in the Law of Receivership” – Commercial Law Update, Bar Council CPD Programme, March 2020
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Irish Amateur Boxing Association