- Direct Professional Access:
Elizabeth Corcoran practices in commercial, chancery and administrative law, specialising in banking and financial services law. Elizabeth advises and acts for a wide range of financial institutions, state and statutory bodies, and private customers and companies in contentious and non-contentious legal and regulatory matters.
She is the co-author of Banking Law (4th ed) with John Breslin SC. She is a founding member and Treasurer of the Financial Servcices Bar Association.
Elizabeth completed doctoral research on the interplay between financial regulation and equity in 2017 and was the first UCD Matheson Doctoral Scholar. In addition to her PhD and BL qualifications, she holds an LLM (First Class Honours) from the London School of Economics, and a BCL (International) degree (First Class Honours) from UCD.
Elizabeth is a Tutor in Civil Procedure at the Honourable Society of Kings Inns. She has previously lectured in the areas of trusts law, banking and financial services law, and constitutional law in UCD and GCD.
- ‘Banking Law’ 4th ed, 2019, Thomson Reuters (co-authored with John Breslin SC)
- ‘Fiduciary Duties and Financial Services Providers’ (2020) 63 Irish Jurist 1
- ‘Undue Influence and Non-Commercial Guarantees’ (2017) 24 CLP 19 (co-authored with John Breslin SC)
- ‘Power Lifting’ 2017 (April) Law Society Gazette 34
- ‘Ex Turpi Causa and Statutory Illegality’ – Part I (2016) 23 CLP 95 and Part II (2016) 23 CLP 130 (co-authored with John Breslin SC)
- ‘New Private Right of Action for Damages in Financial Services Litigation’ (2015) 38 DULJ 17 (co-authored with John Breslin SC)
- ‘The Effectiveness of Negative Pledge Clauses’ (2013) 20 CLP 147
- ‘Undue Influence and Vulnerable Sureties: A Step Towards Greater Protection’ (2012) 19 CLP 121
Treasurer of the Financial Services Bar Association.
Member of the Corporate and Insolvency Bar Association.
- 01-817 3910
- 086-405 3647
- Law Library Church Street Building 158-159 Church St Dublin 7