- Direct Professional Access:
In addition to the Barrister-at-Law degree and mediation credentials Carla also holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies and an Advanced Diploma in Corporate, White Collar & Regulatory Crime. She has mediated and negotiated numerous disputes and has published on High Conflict Custody Disputes. Carla has also been trained on how to question children and obtain their views. Prior to becoming a lawyer Carla gained valuable business experience through her busy retail, wholesale and manufacturing business in Canada.
Carla currently lectures in Busniess Law and Corporate Governance and Ethics at Dorset College Dublin and is also the Program Lead for the Bachelor of Business degree (level 7). Carla also devleoped and taught a negotiation course to business students at Montplellier University in France. She regularly gives talks on Data Protection at the OMC Governance Institute.
Carla’s main areas of legal practice include Employment, Data Protection, Administrative, Contract and Asylum & Immigration law.
High Conflict Custody Disputes: A Comparative Analysis, The Family Law Journal (Ireland), June 2016
Speeches & Lectures
- Presented a CPD on Data Protection Considerations for Counsellors to members of Irish Association of Humanistic & Integrative Psychology, March 2022.
- Presented a CPD on Section 47/32 Reports to members of the Family Lawyers Association, December 2020.
- Organised training on Representing and Interviewing Children presented by Dr Rachel Birnbaum. Professor, Kings University College at Western University, London, Ontario, Canada.
- Organised and promoted Let Them be Heard: The Voice of the Child in Family Law Proceedings Conference June 2017, The Honorable Society of King’s Inns. The conference was chaired by Teresa Blake SC and the keynote speaker was Professor Rachel Birnbaum of King’s University College, London, Ontario, Canada. Attendees included Judges, solicitors, barristers, social workers, guardian ad litems, and mediators.
- Organised and promoted Children Caught in the Crossfire: High Conflict Separations, Parental Alienation & the Voices of Children Conference, July 2016, the Honorable Society of King’s Inns, Dublin, Ireland. The keynote speaker was Professor Nicholas Bala from Queens University, Kingston, Canada. Attendees included several Judges, solicitors, barristers, social workers, and custody assessors.
Court Reporter with the Child Law Project.
- 086-333 3987
- Law Library Four Courts Dublin 7
- @Carla Murphy