All applications must be accompanied by:
- A recent passport photograph
- All applications must identify a current member of the Law Library who will propose the application for admission
- A certified copy of Certificate of Good standing
- A certified copy of Practising Certificate
- A certified copy of PII policy showing coverage in the Republic of Ireland*
*PII Note: LSRA Regulation S.I. Number 572, provides that barristers practising in Ireland (including those based in Other Jurisdictions and working in Ireland intermittently) must now purchase professional indemnity insurance from an insurer “…licensed and authorised to transact business in Ireland” (Part IV paragraph 9).
The insurer must also meet the minimum financial strength rating. Please submit confirmation with your professional indemnity insurance that the regulation as set out by the LSRA is being met.
- Proof of registration with the LSRA on the Roll of Practising Barristers** (www.lsra.ie).
**If you have been called to the Irish Bar or are registered as an EU Registered Lawyer and providing legal services in the Republic of Ireland, it is a legal requirement to register on the Roll of Practising Barristers with the LSRA (www.lsra.ie)
- External Assocation Fees must be paid in advance, dependant on duration of usage and set at the discretion of the Library Committee. A minimum fee of €240 applies.
Applicants must complete the application form (giving at least 14 days notice) in full and return it to email@example.com Download External Associate Application here.
If you have any queries about the application process, please email The Bar of Ireland Member Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Associates are not regulated by The Bar of Ireland.