The nature of the working world today – the legal sector and the profession – means that opportunities arise outside the Law Library. These opportunities are realised in large part due to the value and the advantage of experience gained at The Bar of Ireland.
Whether you are exploring new opportunities, whether your change of practice is temporary or permanent, you can still make a contribution to your colleagues in practice.
Why join our Alumni Network?
Our Beyond The Bar Alumni Network offers you the opportunity to
- Retain a link with members and colleagues who are still engaged with the area of work that you are involved in.
- Build a community of fellow alumni across a range of sectors leading to exciting collaborations and partnerships.
- Strengthen the culture and values of The Bar of Ireland, recognising that integrity, professionalism and collegiality extend to our former colleagues.
Our Alumni Offering
Dedicated Networking Events
- Invitation to bespoke Alumni events & dining
- Access to select Bar of Ireland events at Distillery Building
Learning & Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to select online Bar of Ireland CPD & Specialist Bar events.
- Opportunity to contribute to ongoing Bar of Ireland education & training initiatives.
Keep up to date with your Bar of Ireland colleagues.
- Dedicated newsletter
- Access to select Bar of Ireland online resources
Support our Causes
Find out more
Keep up to date
From our flagship journal The Bar Review, to our extensive back catalogue of podcasts and newsletters, you can keep up to date with the latest news and developments from The Bar of Ireland in a way that suits you.