Bar Council of Northern Ireland: Education and Training Officer
Closing date for applications: 10th October 2014
The Executive Council Of the Inn of Court Northern Ireland is recruiting its first ever Education and Training Officer who will be responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of all legal education and continuing professional development to Members of the Bar of Northern Ireland. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Education and Training Officer’s main responsibility will be to ensure that all pupils and practising Members of the Bar are actively supported throughout their entire careers by means of providing access to a rigorous and relevant programme of ongoing professional development and career guidance.
• Relevant Training Delivery or Coaching and Mentoring Qualification
• LL.B (or equivalent undergraduate degree in law)
• in a professional learning & development role
• in the definition and implementation of a core competency framework
• of drafting and implementing Policy
• of managing and reporting on budgets and tendering processes
• in motivating and supervising small working teams
• in developing long term links with education and networking groups
Additional Essential Knowledge, Essential Skills and Desirable Criteria have been identified which are all available on request of the full Application Pack. Attractive salary and benefits package also available on request.
The Application Pack can be obtained by email from Clare Kelly at email@example.com
The position is full time and permanent subject to a 6 month probationary period.
The deadline for receipt of completed application forms is Friday 10 October 2014 at 12.00 pm.
Members of the Bar can find a full list of relevant vacancies on Barrister's Desktop (login required).